Sizes of Propane Tanks
Written on: January 9, 2023
Get Safe Storage with Briles Oil & Gas
At Briles Oil & Gas, we know propane. We also sell underground propane tanks in a variety of sizes. When you purchase your underground propane tank from Briles Oil & Gas, you get safe and expert propane tank installation.
Why Do You Need a Propane Tank?
There are lots of reasons homes have a propane tank. Here are a few reasons you might be in the market for a new propane tank:
- You use propane appliances in your home.
- You’re building a new home that you want to equip with propane appliances.
- You want to use propane for heating your home.
- You’re renovating your home and want to add propane appliances and/or heating.
- You’re building an addition to your home and will need more propane for appliances and/or heating.
What Size Propane Tank Do You Need?
If you’re not sure which propane tank size is right for you and your household’s needs, Briles Oil & Gas can help with that. Simply talk with one of our propane professionals. They can help you choose the best size propane tank for your home’s needs based on your current and planned usage.
Here are the propane tank sizes we offer at Briles Oil & Gas:
- 120-gallon tanks: These tanks are well-suited for homes that use propane for two or more propane appliances. Some of the propane appliances you may have in your home include ranges or cooktops, clothes dryers, water heaters, space heaters, and fireplaces. This is not an appropriate size tank for a home that uses propane for heating. You’ll need something larger for whole-house heating.
- 330-gallon & 500-gallon tanks: Either of these tanks is well-suited for homes that use propane for whole-house heating. Which specific size is right for your home will depend on a few factors including the square footage of your home and your average monthly propane usage. These tanks can support a household that uses 100 to 200 gallons of propane monthly.
- 1,000-gallon tasks: Tanks of this size are most commonly used in commercial or industrial settings. However, if you have a very large home and use high-BTU propane appliances you may need a tank of this size. An example of a high-BTU appliance is a pool heater.
Do You Need Portable Propane?
If you also need portable propane cylinders for your grill, deck heater, patio heater, or firepit, Briles Oil & Gas has you covered. All three of our locations have refill stations. And if your propane cylinder needs to be recertified, we can take care of that for you too.
Briles Oil & Gas
Our family business is here for you and your family. Briles Oil & Gas is a full-service provider you can trust. We’ve been providing reliable and courteous service to homes around Davidson and Randolph counties in North Carolina for sixty years. And you if sign up for our Keep Full automatic propane delivery plan, you never have to worry about running out of propane. We’ll make sure you always have enough.
Contact Briles Oil & Gas today to learn more about our propane tank and cylinder services.